Growing Gardens helps people grow their own food in Portland, Oregon by building organic Home Gardens in urban backyards and schools. Our Youth Grow school garden clubs create future veggie eaters and cultivators. Our Learn & Grow classes cover cooking, preserving & more.
MARCH NEWS FLASH… Our new Juniplanter Garden Box is available for sale!
Help us raise a garden at Dawn of the Bed
Above: Team Lettuce Help at the Spring 2012 Dawn of the Bed. Photo by: J. Gerst
Create a team, build a garden & fight hunger with Growing Gardens
Are you looking for a fun way to make a positive impact in the community with your coworkers, friends, and family? Consider becoming a Team Captain & form a garden building team for Growing Gardens Dawn of the Bed! No prior garden experience necessary.
Dawn of the Bed is a day to build garden beds with the support of volunteer teams who will build the gardens and raise financial pledges for the cause.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Sign up with Growing Gardens as a team captain.
- Schedule an orientation with Growing Gardens Staff
- Recruit 4-8 friends, co-workers or family members to join your team.
- As a team raise $600 or more which covers the cost to build a garden & provide support to 1 low-income household. (A prize will be awarded to the team that raises the most money)
- Gather shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows and other tools for the day ofthe event.
- Build the garden on the Dawn of the Bed day- Saturday, May 3rd – 10am-3pm.
- Celebrate with the other teams & Growing Gardens staff at a post-garden building celebration.
TO SIGN UP:
Contact Nancy Wong at
Sign up for our monthly email.